Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 01:23 AM   #5
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I just replaced my house and chassis batteries. I went with flooded golf cart batteries (6v) and a sealed flooded chassis battery. I was out the door for $360 for all three batteries. You can convert from 12v to 6v but obviously you’ll need 2(or 4) of them. Golf cart batteries tend to be taller (and heavier!) than 12V so measure carefully. And if you do convert you’ll need a minor but essential rewiring. A better question is what do you use your coach for? If you do a lot of dry/boondocks camping a pair of golf cart batteries will serve you very well. If you mainly stay in parks with shore power a single 12V deep cycle might be all you need. Have you been running down your old batteries (before they got old)? AGM batteries don’t self discharge quite as quickly as flooded but you can’t ignore them either. If you are able to plug I once in a while when in storage maybe there isn’t so much advantage to AGM. And you don’t have to add water but they cost about twice as much. Personally I’m good with just replacing my flooded batteries every 3 or 4 years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.