Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 03:08 AM   #1
KC8RXQ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
Transition trim appears to be loose

We are on our way west and stopped at a campground in Montanna. We drove across North Dakota through a lot of crosswinds and headwinds so I went on top of the motorhome to check things out. There are no rips or distortions in the membrane roof but the transition piece (I'll call it a band) between the front - painted - fiberglass cap and the white membrane does not seem to be secured to.most of the roof structure. The entire length of sealant across the
band is still in tact but there is just a slight "give' when I step on that transition piece. The" give" is about 4 ft. along the band (driver side toward the middle of the roof) but the rest seems secure. Could the screws have worked loose or pulled away from the roof structure? This is the first time this has happened on the front transition but it did occur on the rear band shortly after I bought it.

Could this wait till I get back home or do I get busy and remove the sealant and find out what's going on.

Regards,

Ed L
2016 Thor Synergy TT24 3.0L
+32k miles
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum