Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 11:25 AM   #16
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Maybe it would be good to have that as an option on all factory orders. For coaches being delivered to the hottest regions it might be good but I live in Indiana and have no real interest in paying for dual air or even the infrastructure to support it. If I visit 100 degrees I may bring along a freestanding portable air conditioner but my 32 fr class A has been entirely satisfactory in the high 90s. For most of the country 2 units simply isn’t necessary.

...dual unit capability should be built into every unit....

With buyers of RV's running all over this country for the best deal, regional building would not work. It's more the humidity on the 90 degree plus days that we battle...not the dry heat alone. Most vehicles (cars and light trucks) built today have a universal wiring harness installed that will accommodate all options. If you order heated seats, it's plug-n-play. Ordering $100K+ RV and skimping on another $800 A/C doesn't make much sense to me. Build them with two A/C's or with one A/C and pre-wire the unit for a second unit if opted for by the buyer would not cost Thor much more money. The 30A to 50A changeover could be plug-n-play also. The aftermarket conversion is 5 times that cost. There is a threshold driven by size that includes many upgrades but most units sold are not in that category.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum