Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 12:06 AM   #14
Chip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #3261
Make sure you look for a smart TV with WIFI connectivity so you can stream Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Sling, etc. from your phone.

Couple a smart TV up with a smart phone or other device with an unlimited data plan and the ability to use as a hotspot for your TV, and you have an entertainment system that rivals a satellite rig and is ready to go anywhere you can get a good phone connection.

In lieu of a smart TV upgrade, you can install and tether to your network an XBOX One or Playstation as your media center, going into your HDMI splitter that feeds your current TVs (assuming you have a HDMI splitter in your rig that feeds all your TVs the same signal. Mine is an electronic box made by Monoprice). There are inexpensive QAM dongles that work with XBOX if you must have cable, you can run Netflix and the others on the XBOX, and it even plays bluray.

And games, you'll be able play those too.

I swapped out my stock 40" main TV for a Sony 49x900e 4K HDR TV and couldn't be happier about the decision.

When I want to watch Netflix or Hulu or whetever, I simply turn on the TV and switch on the Mobile Hotspot feature on my ancient Galaxy S5 and wait for 5 min to allow them to pair, then use the TV remote to surf the mother-lode of on demand movies and television shows that are accessed through the various Android applications installed on the smart TV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum