Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 11:06 PM   #1
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Hopefully these are good questions?

If my questions are off the mark please let me know, I may cry a little; but I can handle it. Besides you won't see me cry anyway.

1.) With respect to slides, motors etc. Is the reliability better for a unit with single full wall slide versus units with 2 smaller slides for bedroom and living area?

2) Assume a bedroom slide where if you extend slide out half way; 18 inch's or so; where the bed can be fully extended. Is it a no no, or damaging to continually extend slide half way or so, and retract without going out all of the way?

3) For the standard Norcold Refrigerators that are electric / propane. Assume you have coach with inverter and AGS. Why wouldn't you wire the electrical side of refrigerator with switch so it can gets power through inverter? It would effectively be Electrical, Propane & Battery.

4) I have seen few units with two ACs where both units are in main coach. The bedroom can only get air through the ducts if opened. This seems clever to me, but is it really advantageous?

5) If you have unit with Outdoor kitchen (small refrigerator and small sink)... how practical or valuable is that for you? I am trying to rationalize when I may actually use and if I will need to move drinks in and out of the house to go outside? I don't know if you actually leave on all the time even while driving? I guess if you stop to get gas you could go get a cold coke without having to go back in the coach?

All responses are welcome, just reference the question #
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum