Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 11:45 PM   #3
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
3) For the standard Norcold Refrigerators that are electric / propane. Assume you have coach with inverter and AGS. Why wouldn't you wire the electrical side of refrigerator with switch so it can gets power through inverter? It would effectively be Electrical, Propane & Battery.
I did this on my coach and it works well, except you will need a large enough set of coach batteries to keep it fed.

The Norcold will eat up 30 amps an hour, every hour. Run it off the batteries for 24 hours and you have effectively eaten up 720 AMPs of battery power. That's a bigger hit than most of us can take.

And don't forget the overhead of running an inverter all that time. Mine eats up 5 amps an hour, so that's another 120 amps.
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum