Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #10
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
FWIW, I had a full wall slide rig and liked it fine but eventually decided that having the kitchen in the slide required too many moving wet parts. Never actually had any issues and one supposes the engineers are smarter than me but when I changed coaches I opted for two smaller slides with no moving wet parts and I like this fine as well.

I believe stopping a slide partway out is asking for trouble. The slide motors can get out of synch and make it hard to bring the slide back in. Somewhat related, I had a Freedom Elite with a bed slide and folding bed and it’s slide extended about 30 inches. This seems like a huge amount to me and actually made the whole coach lean when it was extended. Again, I suppose the engineers know what they are doing and I never had any issues with mine but again, I chose my latest coach to have a bed that I can use without extending the slide and a slide that has a much smaller extension,

My full wall slide coach had an outside kitchen and we never used anything other than the refrigerator and that only occasionally. We found it easier to restock the inside one as needed.

Lastly, I just this week finished adding an inverter just precisely so that I can run my fridge on electricity when driving. If I was dry camping I’d switch it to propane and, of course it’s on shore power for most of my use.

Good luck in your pondering and enjoy your shopping!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.