Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 06:13 PM   #7
Kbs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum pd31
State: Florida
THOR #12223
Same exact problem

Hi
We are on our first extended trip and had the exact same failure. I have had no luck finding the arm either. In our case, I took it apart at the park, and was able to bend the arm back together around the through bolt. I then rotated it 180 degrees so the failed side is not holding the load. Not using the awning much until we get back and I can figure out better fix. Also, they beveled that end of the tube to allow it to fit inside the fork of the corresponding part. In so doing, they weakened that end of the tube, thus our failures. Very poor design. Unit is still under warranty so will try to get them to replace it, otherwise, will try to figure out workable alternative. Kindly post what you come up and I will do the same.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum