Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Goodbye Thor
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #8
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Good Luck

Our local RV dealer, who is relatively large with over 100 motorhomes on the lot, quit selling the entire Fleetwood line about 3 years. The reason I was told was because of the poor condition in which units were shipped and Fleetwood's reluctance to reimburse dealers for correcting quality defects. The dealers also said Fleetwood was extremely slow dealing with customer warranty claims. That dealer sold quite a few Bounder and Discovery units as well and Storms and the other DP line.

The dealer replaced all their Fleetwood units with Newmar and AirStream for towables.

Again, good luck. Maybe your experience will be good.

My current coach is a 2016 Fleetwood Storm 32V. We bought it used and while the previous enjoyer may have fixed a lot of stuff it has been really solid in our short time with it. I especially like the way Fleetwood keeps things simple. The black and gray tanks are right above the dump station so the plumbing is short, simple and exposed. It also has easy access to the backside of every faucet and electrical component. I only had my Freedom Elite for 8000 miles but it was comfortable and trouble free (just a bit too small). I had my Winnebago for about the same but it had numerous minor annoyances and several water leaks. Think you take your chances with all of ‘em!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.