Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 12:58 AM   #14
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Your questions are good, but some of the answers depend on you and how you will use your rig. Are you planning on extended boon-docking? Is there a reason you are limiting the length, or is that arbitrary?

Here's some random responses:

1 and 2-The slides units of today are much more reliable than the ones of a few years ago. We had problems with both slides on our 33' 2007 Class A. With the newer Swinteks, if you don't screw them up by stopping them part way, you shouldn't expect problems.

3-RV refrigerators don't use much LP gas. We rarely dry camp more than 2 nights in a row, and almost always run the refrig when we are on the road. I wouldn't want to carry enough batteries to run the refrig just on DC.

4-That motor home was 50 amp and had 2 A/cs. We rarely ran both. They were both connected to the same ducts, so we would usually run the front one at night and the bedroom one during the day.

5-I've never had, nor wanted, an outdoor kitchen. Yet I have friends that love having theirs and use it all the time.

Is there some way you can rent an RV like you think you want? That's a great way to help make your decisions. It may seem expensive, but not as much as getting stuck with the wrong coach!

Your results will vary. Happy hunting!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum