Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #17
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Hey, you are on the right track! Best of luck on your search.

To clarify my comment, we usually run our refrig on Auto, which means when we are unplugged from shore power, and not running the genny, the refrig runs on LP. If i remember, I'll shut it off on our last day toward home.

FWIW, I just checked rvtrader.com and found 31 Ace 29.3 units available in the country, just one in TX, Houston.
Thank you alot, your input has been very helpful. I am treating this purchase like buying a house., It may be overkill, but it also part of the fun it owning, getting to pick what you want. This site has already saved me thousands.

FWIW; I have seen the unit in Houston. It is used 2017 with only one AC. We have been looking at new 2018's & 2019's. There are only 9 of those on rvtrader. Several have very good prices that I am willing to pay, but they are all in New York, California, Washington or other states on East Coast that I have never even heard of

This brings me to another question, how does it work for folks trying to buy a RV that far from home? I mean do you agree that you will buy before you see it; so when you go; it is there and NOT sold? What if you see things when you get there that they gloss over as normal like scratched doors, punctures in ceilings, really bad paint finish, etc. You are 1,000 miles from home maybe paid a a good chunk to fly in. Then if you really do buy you got that PDI inspection thing (whatever they call it to do); so you have to go back home and wait on that to be done. Then when ready; you fly back out; and hope they got it all fixed; if not you repeat the cycle. So you buy and your first trip is now a long one likely through some mountains to get back to Texas (we don't see mountains around here (Dallas) - I don't count the fire ant mounds). But let's say I do make it and get home. I am pretty much on my own, because even though I have brand new unit from a Dealer, I am never driving back to New York or that far in that RV to get something fixed that the dealer is responsible for.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.