Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Hydraulic leveler fluid change

After having never given the Power Gear levelers hydraulics a second thought, a post last week got me doing so. Turns out Lippert recommends changing the fluid every 36 months and mine was about 40 months old. They further recommend changing the fluid in the reservoir only so there is no need to “open” the system. Sounded easy. I used a siphon to pull almost a gallon of Dexron 3 out and a funnel to replace it. Not sure I got all of it since my siphon hose was rather curled but I’m good. Old fluid looked clean but was just a bit darker than the new. Easy job for your consideration. Lippert said they ship them dry and to check with the coach builder to see what fluid they use. It would be (they said) either AW32 hydraulic oil or Dexron/Mercron transmission fluid. Mine (Fleetwood) was the latter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.