Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 02:39 AM   #7
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
@ What point & time does Thor seek out another Slide Hardware Vendor?
I would think that Thor has to know that thousands of potential customers like me are scared to death of slides failing & hydraulic levelers getting stuck. It seems like a simple fix to me. Thor should make both items a 5 year warranty and put in controls so they can't be used improperly. It should not be part of the ESP rip off, rather more like an insurance that every new owners pays as part of the selling price. Thor should require it's dealers do all of the repairs for a predefined price for 5 years that Thor pays. i.e Let's assume the 250 of these failures per year at $1,500 average repair cost to Thor. That means $375,000 per year for Thor. A wild guess but say Thor sells 2,000 new RVs / year. If every customer was required to pay one time $250 Slide / Hydraulic Insurance fee with new purchase then Thor would bring in about $500,000 per year. They would actually make money and customers would feel free about buying the product. In time, as Thor manages the actual cost and failures, the mfg would have to improve the quality. As quality improve and Thor profit's increased they could lower the Insurance fee if not eliminate all together. At the end of the day, those items should be covered for 5 years. Everything else could be the scam that is ESP for extended coverage for those that just feel like they need.

Note:
I just took stabs at guessing on some of the math. If someone has data that may be more accurate, I can update to play out as to how practical this could be. i.e Maybe they start by going to 3 years versus 5 years, but something should change which is the point.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum