Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 12:38 AM   #7
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum, K2! You started off with some great questions.

We bought our 2016 Vegas new from a dealer in the spring of 2015, picked it up in June. We wanted leveling jacks, and worked that into the purchase. A friend worked the heavier front and back sway bars and worked that into his deal. So yeah, both our dealers were happy to do these modifications that we paid for.

I'd suggest you also price a 2019 unit. When I was shopping for mine in March, I didn't pay much more for the newer rig. It will always have more resale value than the older model.

We had a trade and couldn't get the deal we wanted from any of the local dealers. Total Value RV in Elkhart was good on the outright price, but we ended up with a dealer in Ohio who gave us the best deal with trade. Shop around, the closest dealer isn't always going to offer the best deal.

We put about 30K on our Vegas so far, and just now are upgrading those front and rear sway bars. Soon we'll be heading into some windy territory.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum