Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 07:51 AM   #19
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
We were set to buy a brand new ACE 29.3 when one of the issues noted was the slide would not extend / retract. Salesman eventually went to find a mechanic to get help. While they were gone, I went for he override that I had learned on this site.

It was displaying 5 Blinks: Excessive Motor Current error

About an hour later the salesman came back but no service help. He was surprised to see the slide out and us comfortably going through the coach. The slide never worked properly, but the manual override always did. I found it in lower compartment outside. I was told that the slide among several other things noted would be repaired during the PDI after I buy?

I know it is not like buying a car, but I would never buy a brand new SUV where the moonroof, rear tailgate would not work or not retract when opened, or fully extended. And for the dealer to tell me if I buy the car they will fix is. It is just not something I can overcome short some major discount on vehicle.

Slides and hydraulics are my majors fears with RV purchase. I don't believe it is confined to Thor, but I believe the Thors, Winnebagos Forest Rivers of the world must own the problem and create solutions to dump mfgs that can't fail proof and improve reliability of designs if not offer immediate emergency support for situations like the brand new 34J Hurricane. I mean how bad it must be to have brand new unit and warranty, but still helpless? Well worse if you consider that some actually pay $4k -$8k more so that if it happens later after mfg warranty; you still have same expenses to deal with emergency.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum