Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #2
lug

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 32.1
State: Michigan
THOR #11442
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker3030 View Post
While hooked to shore power, I have lost all 12 volt power. I have power to fridge and microwave, but no power for A/C, or lights. I checked the breakers in the fuse box, and they didnt seem to be tripped. Seems also that IN USE switch does not work either. Leveling jacks are down, and slide is out. I opened the battery box, and smelled fumes from batteries. Any ideas other than hand grenade are appreciated.
Since your on shore power vice battery only, I'd check the fuse(s) on your latching relay. A inoperative relay will cause the issue you're having with your DC power. On my ACE 32.1 the relay is under the bed directly across from the converter and above my DC distribution panel.

A FYI item, the converter also has fuses for reverse polarity protection.

There's a circuit breaker, mines a 50A, in my house battery bay, that would cause the same problem if tripped when you're not using shore or generator power.

Once you get this solved I'd check those batteries out. If they are the flooded style of lead acid you may be low on water due to excessive off-gassing.

I hope this helps you to solve your issue.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180502_141609.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	18100Click image for larger version

Name:	20181213_142814.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	18101

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.