Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
Sweetbriar

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31D
State: Virginia
THOR #5638
Depends on what you want to achieve regarding driveability.

A track bar will reduce the axle to frame movement due to twist and horizontal bending of the leaf springs. IOW the axle is pointing one way and the body the other causing a bit of lane wonder. You'll may feel it more with the rear axle due to how much coach is behind the axle. Bigger level to push with. You could also gain a bit of improve steering response.

A stabilizer will help dampen rapid lateral wheel movement (large - tire blow out, small - poor roads) and help hold the steering angle. IOW It's a big shock absorber that will help limit and slow fast movement.

One thing to keep in mind a front track bar only fits one chassis, the 16K F53. A steering stab will fit a wide range of chassis types and you can remove it when the days comes to sell and buy a new rig.

My coach came with a front track bar and this winter I added a steering stabilizer. Haven't noticed much effect but I've made a lot of changes (CHF, airbags, rear track,,,) over the years and the stab was the last item. It will come off when I list the coach for sale.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.