Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 11:36 AM   #12
MichFigs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #9701
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
This is a perfect example of shoddy Thor assembly and workmanship that most owners would never see unless they really looked.

My '18 Vegas had pretty much the same issues underneath. One of the first things I noticed when my wife was driving was the huge amount of road noise coming from the door step area. It ended up being like in your pictures, lots of gaps in the sheet metal and framing. Sealing up all that greatly reduced the road noise in that area. So how many "happy" Thor owners are driving around with excessive, unnecessary road noise and don't know it?

Here's what I used underneath my Vegas.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also completely backed the entire front fiberglass cap with this and also black spray on undercoating. The whole front end of the Vegas went from hollow sounding, rattly and loose to solid and quiet. So go for it! Insulate and waterproof away. It will absolutely make a difference in how solid and quiet your coach feels.

Have to agree with GMTech on the "shoddy Thor assembly" comment After taking delivery of our Vegas in late 2017, one of the first things I did was get underneath and fill jn protrusions, wire ways and just gaps with expanding foam. Then tied up wires and harnesses with lotsa zip ties!

Next on advice of one of my mechanic friends, purchased a wax based undercoating that sprays on with an aluminum gun and an air compressor. Very nice stuff to work with (about $200 for everything including two gallons of product) and easy to control on when applied. Entire job took less than two hours to do chassis/underbody. Have gone back annually in the spring re-coated and still have a gallon of product left over.

Will look up the product name when we get back from Warren Dunes and post the name.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum