Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 12:36 PM   #9
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng View Post
It is a digital thermostat but no Dometic but shouldn’t have any wiring relationship with the generator.
When I purchased a digital thermostat and installed it in my Axis, everything ran fine. I put in a small switch to be able to run the fan at both low and high speed. A year later, I had an issue with my furnace that I thought might be associated with the thermostat so I switched back to the original one. It turned out not to have anything to do with the thermostat. When I reinstalled the digital thermostat, I decided not to keep the hi/low fan switch, since I always ran the fan on high. Instructions on the internet for installation of the digital thermostat said that I could combine the high and low fan switch wires instead of running them thru a switch. After that, when I ran the A/C on shore power, the A/C would cool down until the compressor shut off and then the compressor would cycle off and on and never cool the coach down to the temp setting on the thermostat. When I tried to run the A/C off the generator, it would run for a while and then the generator would slow down, the voltage would drop and the generator would finally die. Couldn’t figure it out so called in a technician who figured it out in a heartbeat. Turns out the internet instructions were wrong. Putting the high/low fan wires together “confused” the module which controls the A/C located in the unit above the couch. When he separated the two wires and only connected the “high” fan, everything including the generator worked fine. It might be worth a try to switch back to your original thermostat (if you still have it) and see if that fixes the problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum