Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 02:40 PM   #6
funmoneypit

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #12333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolbert1 View Post
We had a topper bracket break while it was at la mesa dealer tixing 12 issues...
1. 2×4inch hole in osb floor
2. Tv broken
3. Osb board under chasis exposed
4. Etc..
Been 14 days, once this gets fixed we will see. Curious if had any issues since you took delivery,
We have had some issues. Here are some, there were more.

We have had our '19 37.1 since last July. Overall we like the unit but getting things fixed the first time and then without having something else damaged has been a challenge.

A lot of our repairs have been cosmetic. There were so many scratches and paint defects on the outside, it was ridiculous. All of that has been fixed finally but some decals had to be replaced 3 times before they were correct. Many cosmetic defects inside too. Scratches on wood, defects/cuts in vinyl. Some of these are still being worked on as each time they "fix" it, they mess something up.

Some of the more major ones are:

Furnace wasn't working correctly. First they thought it was a sail switch, nope. We were going camping so had to take it back. Second time they just put more LP in it and it worked (it typically would work the first time but then would malfunction when it tried to start back up which they knew). Of course this didn't fix it either but we had to get it in storage as it was late November. Brought it back this spring and they replaced almost everything inside the furnace. It seems to work good now but in repairing it they put scratches on the outside where the furnace access is.

Water heater works intermittently. We have the tankless one. It will throw an E2 error and not heat. Girard kept thinking it was air in the LP lines. Finally it is getting looked at now. They say the igniter was dirty but I could hear the gas ignite each time. It would stay on for a couple seconds and then go off. The E2 error is a flame sensor error. For some reason it wasn't sensing the flame and then it would shut off the burner. Pretty sure this isn't fixed. Thinking it is the sensor.

At least one slide is leaking. Second time they are trying to find it. First time they said there wasn't a leak and they insinuated that it was my fault a wood panel had water damage (apparently I did it when I winterized the ice maker). I took a picture of the water running across the floor when it was raining so they can't deny it this time. Doubt they will figure it out.

There were countless other issues.
- The steering wheel is at 8 and 2 o'clock when going straight instead of 3 and 9 o'clock. The dealer doesn't do this kind of work. I will fix it myself.
- The front grill had damage to the chrome. You could see swirl marks on it from someone using a buffer overly aggressive apparently.
- The entry door squeaked terribly when you were going down the road. They tried to fix it but it still did it. I started to spray silicone on the latch mechanism and that has fixed it for now. I will probably look at the alignment of it at some point.
- When you moved the bed slide in or out or raised or lowered the bed itself, there was a big clunk. Apparently there was something wrong with the rollers on the bed.
- The USB charging station next to the bed didn't work. It was never hooked up.
- Wrong colored handles put on 2 basement storage doors.
- Wi-fi extender not even plugged in (it's on the roof) and the dealer stating I needed training. Ugh!
- Then the ice maker wasn't working. Well no one turned on the valve. I fixed it.
- The rearview camera didn't have sound. I tore apart the dash and the audio cable wasn't even plugged in. I fixed it.
- The theater seating was defective. They replaced it but they must have dropped it as there is a dent now in the floor in front of the seating plus they must have tore off a trim piece somehow and just nailed it up with the nail heads still showing. Should have been countersunk and filled like the rest. I will fix it.
- They did the night shade recall. Before they did it, the shade came down perfectly level. Now it is unlevel hitting on the passenger side about an inch before the drivers side.
- One of the cabinet doors was defective, they replaced it. Now the handle on that door is about an inch lower than the cabinet next to it. They were level before.
- There was a big scratch in one of the bathroom cabinets. First they tried to fill it. Second time they tried a fill again. Still looked terrible. Third time they replaced the panel. It attaches from the inside. They stapled it together and the staples ran all the way through the panel and could be seen on the outside. They also damaged the cabinet next to it this time. It is now back for a fourth time to replace again. Each of these episodes were a trip to the dealer which is an hour away. Have my doubts on this one too.
- Shower walls weren't attached to the framing behind them. They took it apart and reglued (?). I didn't notice but the holder for the shower head was basically falling off the wall. When they put it back up, they stripped the holes out. I fixed it.
- There is a TV/DVD combo in the lower bunk bed. From the factory you couldn't even get a DVD in the player as there is a cabinet surround on the TV and it was blocking the access to the player. They fixed it but it took two times and the TV now isn't centered in the surround, looks like crap.

We have been to the dealer 6 times now. Some of those times the coach was there 3 weeks. The trip is 50 miles one way (we are lucky to be that close) and an hour drive. So we have put 600 miles on the rig and well over 12 hours of our time. After all this, we still like the unit a lot. We will just be happy when the repairs are behind us.

The coach has been at the dealer this time for 4 weeks. They are still waiting for two parts that aren't in yet. We need the rig back tomorrow for a planned trip. After this round of repairs, we are going to a different shop suggested by Thor.

Sorry about the book but this was very therapeutic.
funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.