Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 11:27 PM   #14
powerboatr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
great advice on sealing up the cold air leaks into the hot side.
all my ceiling vents were removed and i taped the inside edges with alum duct work tape, the edges were raw and air was blowing through the attic??
i also put in dampers, if you will in the ducting so we have tow real zones, the rear a/c cools the bedroom and bath and one vent in kitchen
the front cools the rest. this blocking off the ductwork produced higher velocity airflow vice the moth velocity prior to if only one a/c was running

we also double wrapped the cold box side of the rood a/c unit to keep heat loss at min.
all roof vents are wrapped with foil bubble insulation,

the skylight in shower inside trim was pulled out and covered with a fabric to stop the intense light, and then the cover was put back in.
and WEEKLY air filter cleaning

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum