Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #10
Sweetbriar

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31D
State: Virginia
THOR #5638
I would pull the fridge and check the entire burner, flue even the roof vent for anything that might be a problem with the flow of the heat from the burner. I'm trying to remember what the burner assembly looked like when I replaced my fridge. As I recall the electric element was up against to the tubing for direct heat conduction (or at least very close) while the propane flame had more of an air gap and was dependant on convection and good air flow with the heat rising thru the burner assembly and flue for transfer to the cooling unit. Either way if there is a cooling unit problem you'll need to pull the fridge to replace.

I made a stand that I could lift with a transmission jack to get the old fridge out and the new in. Made it real easy. Disconnected the propane line, unplugged electric and about six or eight screws and the fridge came out. Unfortunately I don't have any images of the old fridge but you can access every inch of the cooling unit other than the few sections that are buried in insulation. This will also give you full access to the burner and flue so you can do a detailed check. It could be something as simple as a piece of fiberglass insulation is blocking the heat from rising thru the flue/roof vent and you can't see it from the maintenance panel.

You could also put together the right pipe fittings, tubing and a low pressure regulator for full up test on propane with the fridge out of the alcove. Just incase I would also get the fridge out of the coach before attempting. Although the risk is small working with sub 1 psi propane it's still a risk in a close space such as a class A.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170628_171025.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	18325   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170628_171304.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	18326  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170628_174309.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	18328  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum