Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 04:00 AM   #9
MJC62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Our Cherokee Trailhawk tips the scales at around 4300 lbs. Pulling an additional two tons does effect the V-10s acceleration and I'm sure it knocks off MPG (though I haven't bothered checking mpg). You can't move that much weight without using more fuel to get moving or, pull it up a hill. I have not noticed any handling issues with the coach due to the Cherokee in tow. Last week we hauled the Jeep in 30 mph gusts. The MH was a handful did not notice the Cherokee getting tossed around at all.
My biggest issue is finding gas stations in small towns you can get the coach and toad in and out of. Interstates have service stations designed for travel trailers and MH's. The two lane highways through rural America we like to travel, fueling in small town USA can be a problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.