Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #6
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
Great idea!

How long of a cord are you working with to make the connection?
I have heard some places you may need 25-30'.

It still looks easier than kneeling down and fishing through the access hole in there.
I keep a small throw rug for getting down to look into that compartment, a mess when it's wet on the ground!

Good job !!
Thanks!

I'm using the same shore power cord that came with the Outlaw 29H. When I removed the end from the Transfer Switch, I put the water tight female twist lock connector on it. I actually gained a few feet because about 3 - 4 feet was mounted and wasted in the storage compartment.

I do carry a 30A shore power extension cord just in case I need a long run. Haven't had to use it yet but now plugging in on the side and getting the full use of the stock shore power cable, I may never need to use the extension.

.... and you are spot on about having to get on your knees to get the shore power out and back into the compartment. Those days are now gone!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.