Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 01:19 AM   #18
DinoC41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
They are correct .... The best thing you can do is "heat management".

Dont let the inside get above 80 deg if you can help it. Takes a long time to suck the heat out of the furniture and inside walls (esp if in full sun).

Use the refective bubble in all the windows that you can.... esp the side that is facing the sun.

I had "clear" (Well 15% so almost clear) ceramic window tint installled on ALL my windows (the factory tint is just color.... no UV rejection - so this ceramic is a awesome). This helped greatly and we are not sitting in the dark with the windows covered with reflective bubbles all the time.

Check your return air duct inside the AC unit. Mine was sucking hot air on the cold side (do a search on this - lots of threads on this subject). Plus I insulated the AC unit on the roof (plus AC lines) and moved my Thermister probe up about two inches.

I went from 65 deg output temp (at ac dump vents and roof vents) to 45 deg!!! It blows that temp no matter what the outside temp is. So I can get in the mid to low 70's (95 deg outside) and even high 60's if its only like 88 deg (or less) outside!!

So reject heat first then make your exsisting AC unit work better before you add any more AC units. You might be pleased like I was (but My RV is only 27 foot so one AC works fine for me).

An example of what you can do to manage the hot air!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC008.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	18387   Click image for larger version

Name:	AC010.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	18388  

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC011.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	18389   Click image for larger version

Name:	AC012.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	18390  

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum