Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 02:51 PM   #13
chrisngrod

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Iowa
THOR #15642
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
FYI, there has been much discussion on the later F53 chassis and the centering of the steering wheel. Some say that it can be easily centered by taking apart the steering box and rotating one or two splines over. My shop and other sources say that the later chassis design makes this almost impossible, if not impossible to center the steering wheel. I opted to have an "adjustable drag link" installed. It makes future adjustments on the steering wheel a piece of cake for an alignment shop.

https://www.motorhome.com/motorhomes...t-as-an-arrow/
I will look into that . As we left the dealership I was talking to my wife about how in my mind they will either have to redo the alignment with the wheel centered or perhaps remove the steering wheel and move it over a spline or two.

I have worked with developing aftermarket steering wheels on Subarus, and we have to note to the customers that the splines don't always match from steering wheel to steering wheel. That you might have to redo your alignment after installation.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum