Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 01:28 PM   #16
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
I was just reading through this posting and noted that you have to prime several times for at least 30 seconds each time to start. I assume this is with a cold gen? If yes, I would suggest checking your choke position because I suspect there is a problem with its cold position (not closing when you try to start cold) or the choke linkage is jammed and is not allowing the choke plate to close when the gen is cold. My ACE came from the factory with the choke out of adjustment and I had this same problem before investigating. I now prime for 10 seconds and it fires up with the first second crank.

One more picture I should have included with my previous choke position jpegs, is the choke adjusting plate end of the choke linkage. This shows the position that works for my 4kw KY gen, but might be different for others based on linkage/spring tension etc. If you get the choke closed position working again then you have to also make sure the gen hot position has the choke fully open too. The pictures should help anyone with choke issues at least see approx where the choke should be for the KY.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Choke Adjusting Plate Corrected Position.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	18463  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum