Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 02:05 AM   #17
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawbs1 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has found a way to get satellite signal to all TVs using existing coax that runs through RV. My satellite receiver only has HDMI or composite output does not have coax output so I can only get signal to one TV. I purchased a HDMI to coax cable modulator from radio shack (has the 3 or 4 channel selector) but couldn't get signal to the TVs. Hoping someone has figured this out.
Thanks
Bob
I called Thor Customer service with the same question. Their recommendation was go wireless. I called DirecTV and ask if they could supply me with what I needed. Their answer was the would supply the wireless video bridge and one wireless client (C-41W), but I would have to pay $99 for the second client. I decided two TVs at one time was enough for two people. The system has worked perfectly for three years. If I want to watch the outside TV, I just swap HDMI cables for the main TV to the outside TV. The bedroom TV was claimed by the DW.

With DirecTV there are 9 to 21 different channels on the coax and you can use a splitter to route the signals to the TV, but you will need a client to decode and control the channels on the coax. Of course, if your TVs are RVU equipped you do not need a client.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.