Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 05:40 PM   #2
jtyphoid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3401
State: Arkansas
THOR #12542
Congratulations on the new rig!

We disliked the original mattress in our 2018 Aria 3401 so we replaced it with a different memory foam mattress and are much happier.

I'm surprised a bit that you consider the original mattress to be too hard. Our mattress was too soft and I was sinking through it down to the hard platform.

We tried an 11" thick mattress first, but the tilt mechanism didn't handle it well and had to be helped by pulling up on the mattress every time we needed to tilt it.

We now have an 8" medium-firm that works well now that I've cut it down a bit in length and width.

Cutting it down was needed because the mattress space in our rig is not actually residential king (76" x 80") size. The opening between the night stands is actually 73-1/2" and the length from head bracket to foot bracket is around 75". The original mattress was soft enough to be squished into place, but that didn't work as well with the firmer replacement mattress.

Based on our experience, I strongly recommend measuring first, so you'll know whether you can get a standard residential size mattress or will need a custom size.

I also recommend not going more than 8 or 9" thick unless you go with a very soft mattress.

And finally, my limited searching indicated that foam mattresses seem to be the ones most recommended for articulating beds, like hospital beds, so I figure they should also be okay with Tilt-A-View.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.