Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 10:06 PM   #16
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
You are right about the 5 hours. Last year we took a 9 state trip and only one day was longer than 6 hours with most being 5 or less. Best trip we have had in 47 years. Now I want to do it all over again to see what we missed.

X3 on driving time. I’m in the middle of a 7 week, 7,000 mile trip now and, especially in the windy mountainous west, find that 65mph is about the best speed I can manage for relaxed driving. Any more and the RV struggles and needs to downshift a lot and any less and it just takes too long to get anywhere. We did a 500 mile day across North Dakota with a gusty quartering head wind and I tried to keep it above 70 just so we’d get there before dark and it was pretty tiring. Coach handled ok but required a good bit of attention. I’m in the 250 miles a day crowd now. Get there early enough to relax and just take your time. Enjoy a picnic lunch along the way and it’s still a 6 or 7 hour day. Also stay 2 days every third or fourth night. Stay in camp and read a book! It’s taken me almost 3 years to get used to a relaxing retired life. It didn’t come naturally but now it’s wonderful.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum