Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 03:57 PM   #7
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
I understand that the Thor Axis does not come with an inverter. Since my wife and I do a lot of boondocking at national parks, etc. we would really like to be able to watch our TVs. I understand that you can have a third party inverter installed. Any input on this would be appreciated.
Modern TVs use little power compared to appliances like microwaves or coffee makers, but typically get used for much longer periods (for hours at a time versus a few minutes). The first thing I would do is define the limits of what you want to run (i.e. -- accomplish), and for how long between recharging cycles, because that affects required battery capacity.

I'd also decide whether a permanently-installed inverter is what I want or if a small portable inverter to run a TV will do. I've used a small 400-watt inverter to run a TV for many days during power outage at home, but would want an inverter/charger in a motorhome that can run a microwave or coffee maker (2,000 watt minimum).

We like visiting National Parks also and for our traveling needs a larger inverter and lots of battery capacity should be of greater value than a generator.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum