Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Thor Garbage
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 02:18 AM   #14
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
To anyone considering buying a Thor,
Please reconsider your choice! So far we've replaced the Microwave, both attic fans, 2 TVs, DVD, mud flaps, hydraulic hose, converter, lights, power cord! The awning has MILDEWED and was installed crooked causing it to not roll up all the way, and has ripped along the edge. If it's slightly windy it won't roll up on it's own! They said they replaced the motor! NOT! We bought the extended warranty, and now the floor is rotted, because of a short seal! Of course it's not covered! The fiberglass front cap has stress cracks on both sides, not covered! We paid $2100.00 for the exterior protectant and the fiberglass is faded already, and they said they will pay up to $800.00 to have someone buff it off and replace it, but we can't find anyone within a 2 hour drive to do it! No one wants to mess with it! Screws are falling out all over the Motorhome,and mouldings are falling off!
I am considering but short of saying I don't want an RV anymore, I am not sure of any realistic better options?

i.e Do you blame Thor for issues you cited with Microwave, both attic fans, 2 TVs, DVD, mud flaps, hydraulic hose, converter, lights, power cord? They are normal items we buy and non have more 1 year warranty. You may have got 4 years.

You say "The awning has MILDEWED and was installed crooked causing it to not roll up all the way" How did you buy knowing it was crooked or did it go crooked later? Is mildew from unit being rolled up wet, or are you saying when it rains water get inside?

The floor is rotted, because of a short seal concerns me as well as stress cracks. Is it entire floor or what area? I assume no stress cracks when you bought so what do you think caused the stress?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.