Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 07:02 PM   #16
apr67

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #14384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip 500 View Post
Thanks Gritz, I am not getting an oil code, just the engine shut off code which apr67 said is a fuel delivery issue. I Think????
Well 36 just means the generator shut down, and the control board and or control panel didn't do it. It doesn't always mean fuel (but often it does).

The oil over fill issue on the 4k seems pretty common and it looks like it would be an easy test.

I can not find anything on why being over filled would shut the generator down, but in cars being over filled can cause the rotating mass to hit the oil, aerate it and cause low oil pressure. Could be a similar mechanism? If so I would expect however a low oil pressure code.

Could also be that in an over full condition the oil expands and that causes some sort of issue where the drag causes the engine to quit, I just don't have any idea.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum