Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 12:06 AM   #1
ccarrier

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TB
State: Quebec
THOR #15839
Water pressure issue (bizarre!)

I have a problem of water pressure in the RV. Thor Gemini 23TB 2017
(see videos on the links at the end of the message)

It started at the end of last year, in the faucets of the bathroom (sink and shower faucet) .Then recently, it has also extended to the kitchen faucet. There is so little pressure; hot water on demand refuses to start.

At first I thought it was the water filter that was clogged. Yes, there were a lot of plastic seeds in it. I cleaned it, retested it and ran the water again. I did it again 3 times, because each time there were still plastic seeds in it. Now there are no more seeds but the behavior is the same.

So I closed the water pump and plugged in the water with the city plug.
What was not my surprise! Exactly the same behavior!
The water comes out with a good pressure for 1 second, then it decreases quickly. With the city plug, the pressure is still sufficient for the hot water on demand to start.

The behavior is the same whether I use hot water, cold water or a mixture of both.

Could it be air entering the pipes? I would not think so, because otherwise, the water pump would turn on from time to time to balance the pressure? But it never starts when I do not open the faucets. Unless there is something I do not understand.

Could it be seeds in the pipes after the water filter?

Do you have an idea to help solve this problem?

I'm going on vacation next week and I'm pretty desperate!

Thank you.

Link to the videos. These videos are with city water attached (not with the pump)

https://www.claudecarrier.net/Autres...KL/i-M2sr8dT/A

https://www.claudecarrier.net/Autres...KL/i-4rSvVNT/A

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum