Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 03:26 AM   #6
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by John & Diane View Post
I've never removed the center of the dash but I have had the radio out. If I remember correctly with the radio out yoou can reach the fasteners that hold that section in place. Removing the section above the instrument cluster may also give you a look into that area. On our 2015 Windsport you remove the Jensen radio with U shaped wires that you insert on both side of the radio. Those wires came with the coach.

This response might be the key to getting the center console out (which I have never done by the way, so this is a WAG). If removing the radio exposes the retention bolts/nuts for the top of the center console, then there are likely at least two more bolts at or near the bottom (likely bolts are moulded into the plastic console face and pass through retaining bracket holes with nuts to snug the console up). If you reach up between the back of the dog house under the bottom sides of the console you might be able to feel the bolts/retaining nuts if they are near the bottom. Not sure if the dog house would have to come off to enable better access to those lower fasteners.....if in fact that is what they use. An inspection mirror and trouble light might give some visibility from below the console bottom in order to confirm this WAG.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum