Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 07:29 PM   #1
TimmyB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #15054
Exclamation YIKES! Major electrical issues. Please help!

Hey, all. We have had our Vegas 24.1 for about 5 weeks now. Everything has been going fine, even had our first three-day roadtrip with great success, but this week, something very strange is happening.

When I went out to do some work on her two days ago, I went to put the radio on. It would not come on. Realizing I had not turned on the house 12V power, I went back to do that and discovered it was already on. OK, I thought, I'll just power it down and back up again. Pressing the button did nothing. The light stayed on, no matter how many times I tried it.

Thinking my batteries must have been run down (even though there was nothing left on for the day and a half since we were in it last) I tried to fire up the generator. That will not even attempt to start.

I live in an RV park that is owned by my daughter and son-in-law so they told me to go park in an empty spot and hook up to shore power. I did that, but here's where it gets even weirder. I can now access my multiplex control panel, and all of the functions there seem to operate (lights, hvac, etc.) but I STILL cannot switch the power on or off using the button. I also still have no stereo nor any life in the generator. (They taught us to push the generator button down for five to ten seconds before starting it up. A yellow light appears when I do that, normally. Now, no yellow light.) When I check the monitor it shows the house batteries at about 13.46 V; when I check them manually using a digital meter, I get 3.07. I double-checked on my Ford Explorer (to make sure the voltmeter was working) and I got 12.4.

I left it plugged in all night long. It is still 3.07 this afternoon.

What the heck is happening, here?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.