Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 09:01 PM   #1
Strange Steve

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #15851
Thumbs up Improved Natural Convection For Fridge

With temperatures over 100 deg F on the hill west of Albuquerque, it’s known that natural convection air flow through the (in my opinion) poorly-designed refrigerator panel really starts to struggle. Had frozen blueberries in the freezer melt yesterday and WHAT A MESS that made!

There really isn’t a lot of space to put a fan inside to help cool the coil, but it appears that this method of allowing more natural convection air flow up through the coils is showing promise: just as hot today as yesterday, but the freezer seems to now be able to keep things FROZEN!

Having dealt with heat transfer and fluid flow issues for decades, I COULD suggest a better panel design to Thor...but they don’t want to hear from a crusty old desert rat like me. 😄
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F673CFC8-C89A-4D37-ADFE-F1F46774ACDF.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	18688  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.