Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 09:33 PM   #9
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
YIKES! Major electrical issues. Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Light is on when on SP. Cannot turn off manually. When SP is disconnected, light goes off. Cannot turn on.

Ok.... that helps narrow things down a bit. The light won’t go off with shore power plugged in so that is normal.

If you can’t get the red light on switching to Use mode without shore power, that means the batteries are not engaging..... it also means the batteries might not charge when plugged into shore power when the switch is in Use mode.

With the shore power unplugged, start the coach and see if you can get the red light to come on in Use mode. The alternator should be providing current back to the house batteries to charge them. I would think if the house batteries aren’t totally fried, the alternator would give you enough juice to get the 12v circuit running.

If the coach running won’t light the red light in Use mode, then I would start looking at the following:

- Fuses
- Relay
- Batteries
- Cable Connections

I’d also put the house batteries on a separate charger to see if you can get them charged as well.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.