Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #14
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankandjane View Post
I was trying out my air conditioner unit while running my generator and it didn't turn on. I set my thermometer to 60 and air temp 80 ...the fan didn't even come on. I uncovered the thermostat and the fuse appears good . I put two aa batteries in but they really didn't have good contact ... My thermostat is a Coleman-Mach and I have a Thor 2017 four winds ....any ideas why it won't come on, running on generator ? Thanks !

Good morning all. So you confirmed that your Digital Coleman Mac uses batteries which means the batteries operate the micro relays inside the thermostat when you call for heat or cooling (likely not the coach 12vdc like on many analog models). Make sure the batteries are good and make sure they make good contact first. As a test when you call for heat or cooling a micro relay inside the thermostat should click.....do you hear it? If not find out why not because if the appropriate micro relay does not close you will not have heat or cooling unless you actually simulate the appropriate heating or cooling micro relay closing. Then check to make sure you have 12vdc on the R terminal (might be called RC and RH and usually they are strapped together) to B (gnd) terminal. Sometimes the digital thermos don't have a B terminal because some of them use batteries to control the micro relays not the coach 12vdc. If no 12vdc then you need to check why not......it usually comes from the furnace. Check fuses in the thermostat or furnace if no 12vdc on the thermostat. If the thermostat has 12vdc OK then take a short piece of wire and touch R to Y terminals on the thermostat......that should start the air conditioning compressor/blower........"if" the 120VAC is being supplied to the air conditioner. Sounds like you may be also working on that part too. One step at a time....make sure the thermostat is working first, then go after the 120VAC if that is a problem also.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.