Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 06:49 PM   #13
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana&Kerry View Post
Jim and Roy

If the tow minus the maximum capacity equal 18450, and the rv is 18000, does that mean if I tow the car, the weight of my wife, myself, and our stuff can’t exceed 450 lb?

Kerry
What it means is you can carry 450 lbs of stuff in the CAR and not exceed the Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR). What you add to the coach will increase the coach's weight, but as long the total coach weight is below the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) you are fine.

CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity), used Sept 2000 – present, means GVWR minus the following: Unloaded Vehicle Weight (UVW), full fresh (potable) water weight (including that for the water heater) full LP gas weight, and Sleeping Capacity Weight Rating (SCWR). Note: Remember that optional accessories or equipment not included in the UVW will take up part of the Cargo Carrying Capacity. The CCC should be listed on a yellow tag on the inside lower right of the entry door.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum