Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Wheel bearings
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 08:44 PM   #8
Big Willy

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Ontario
THOR #5001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Completely disagree! I have not looked at my bearings once in 4 years. I lift the wheel off the ground and give it a push pull test to feel for play in bearings. They have been JUST RIGHT. So I pop the cap have someone spin the wheel while I pump a hand held grease gun. I use AMZ/OIL Synthetic grease. I simply keep wiping off the old grease as it comes out. Once the fresh grease appears I quit pumping screw the cap back on and good to go!!!
Glad that that works for you, but on a couple of occasions I discovered a little water ingress into my bearings, I wouldn't have seen that by just pumping more grease in. The other thing to bear in mind is that at some point dirty grease from the inner bearing is going to make its way to the outer bearing. It doesn't take me long to disassemble, clean and repack. I can also check out the brakes thoroughly when doing this.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum