Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #11
Thehobe1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
In the Axis, your converter/charger (if it is working correctly- a big if) has three stages. If the batteries (either the coach or chassis) are below 50% charged, the charger puts it about 14.1v until all the batteries are above 50%. Then the charger drops down to about 13.6v until all the batteries are are fully charged when it drops down to about 13.1v - maintenance charge. This is to keep the batteries fully charged and not boil and ruin your batteries. Unfortunately, the converter/charger in the Axis (WFCO) is not the best. I have had two in my 2014 Vegas and Axis and neither worked as they should. One would not go into boost mode and the second would not go into maintenance mode - which can quickly ruin your batteries. I replaced the one in my Axis with a Progressive Dynamics and it works as it should.
Good and thorough post. I leave my unit plugged in all of the time AND leave the RUN/STORE switch in the RUN mode to keep the coach batteries "floated".

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum