Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #5
tmshih

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: California
THOR #2485
Congratulations, I'll have to check which chassis my 2016 24.1 came with when I get it back from the dealer.

I advise caution when reaching around underneath to connect your sewer hose. I found out the hard way Thor used razor sharp wood screws to attach the sewer ring and shredded up my hands while preparing to dump.

I recommend carrying 2-3 cheap lightweight 5x7 rugs to lay in front of your door at campsites to cut down on dirt being tracked into your unit while camping. These store nicely in either of the pass-through storage compartments.

I had trouble properly staying within the lanes while driving until I picked up a tip. Park your unit next to a straight curb (easy enough to do using to side mirror to gauge your distance). Then place a sticker on the windshield where the curb extends in your sightline to establish where the right side of your RV is oriented. Now, when I drive I can easily spot where the right edge of my unit is within the lane from the corner of my eye without turning to look at my right side mirror. For me, the sticker goes about the middle of the left windshield wiper, but you'll need additional markers for each driver.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.