Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Need CHF Help!!
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 02:36 PM   #9
HaRVey

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
I'm on a mobile app so can't see what model RV you have, but I suspect the criticality of the rear brackets will be related to the size and load of your RV.
If you have access to a bottle or floor jack, I would put it under the free end of the bracket to try and break it loose (loosen the end link to sway bar bolt slightly first, to allow the bracket to rotate). Alternatively you could use your stabilizer Jacks to raise the RV, brace under the bracket with some 4x4 or cement blocks and manually slightly lower the RV (if you try this method, have someone watch the bracket while you do it).
It really makes no sense that neither the bolt or the bushing will rotate in the end link.
I just had a thought that you may be able to contact the Ford RV tech center and ask them about the bracket and risks associated with not using it temporarily.
Final thought, many folks only do the front CHF with good results, so you could just return the rear to stock until a later time...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum