Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 01:05 AM   #25
Korey & Tana Jackson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Virginia
THOR #11769
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte534j View Post
I read that somebody once tested to see that the generator plus the rooftop air conditioning consume less fuel than running the dashboard air conditioning by itself. It might be something you might want to check out. I would not worry about the hours on the generator as it is recommended to use the generator frequently to keep it running in good shape. The generator is there and is to be used quite a lot so just use it and the gas consumption is about to 0.2 to 0.4 gallons per hour with the air conditioning on for a 4kw onan.

The Onan 4KW generator, gasoline-fueled, uses 0.3 gph with no load to 0.7 gph at full load, and about 0.5 gph at half load. While driving, you may find this extra fuel consumption acceptable. I am skeptical that is more fuel efficient than the cab AC.

https://powersuite.cummins.com/PS5/P...761.1562892878

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum