Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #12
Big-Foot

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Arizona
THOR #14921
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
So it cost a $1,000 to use the emergency exist? Wow, seem like all you would need is replacement glass? I will add this to my pre buy checklist to see how much it cost to replace windows/glass if emergency unit is required to be used.

Don't laugh but we were actually trapped in a Diesel Pusher because we could not figure out the door's inside latching mechanism. It was NOT intuitive at all. After about 15 minutes I was considering the emergency window, when someone walked up. They opened door from outside. I never figured out why we could not open, but needless to say, we did not buy that coach.
Honestly, I personally have never opened any of the emergency hatches/windows in any of my RVs, so I can’t speak from personal experience.
What I can tell you is that my neighbor’s window opened and fell - framed glass and all - to the ground where it hit a concrete curb and asphalt. The glass shattered and the frame was bent. His particular unit was fairly new (2-3 years old I think) but that model was already out of production, so spares were probably few. What made matters worse for him is that they had reservations at another RV park on the other side of the state and were due to leave in just a few days. They did come back the following month for a short time but I guess they had a heckuva time getting the new framework located and shipped.
Pretty sorry deal....
Midlothian, TX / Gold Canyon, AZ
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum