Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 07:00 PM   #16
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
If it ever came down to the fact that I had to use that window to get out of my RV: the last thing I'd worry about, would be breaking it...

I don't think it is so much about a worrying about true emergency need to get out an RV versus possibly having to spend $1,000 to replace, but the fact that some may not be aware that if you open some emergency windows in an RV, there is good chance that it may be broken during the process and cost up to $1,000 replace?

There are stickers all over emergency doors that say if you open an alarm will sound. Maybe industry could consider....

1. Sticker that warns Emergency use only. Glass will/may break in cases of any use.
2 Redesign to use non breakable glass, or such that window can flip up or down flush with the outside to be fully open to allow escape.

It reminds me of new tolls roads that constantly popping up in Dallas. I get don't get on the tolls if you don't wish to pay, but every time I find myself on one, it is because the signs were too confusing to figure out in the few seconds a decision need to be made. I get a bill in the mail every time but my bill is never because I wanted to use the toll road. Makes me wonder how many thousands of others making the same mistake every day and how many $ millions the North Texas Tollway Authority makes off people that didn't know or got confused and took the wrong path? i.e. you may see a sign that says HOV 2+ only. You got 2 people; so you take and life is good. 3 months later bill shows up and you don't even remember where you where or were you were going. Turns out some of HOV 2+ toll requires you to pre-register online and some don't, but they don't clarify which?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum