Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #18
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
We had issues with ours but we did very few of the repairs on our own. We found an awesome dealer close to our house who took care of all the repairs. Even the simple ones. And they did it on our time frame. We would take it over and drop it off. They would do items on the list based on how long we could leave it. Then we would pick it up and go on our trip and make arrangements for the next session. So things are not always as bad as some people would have you think.
You are in very fortunate and best situation. The company that I have rented RV's from in the past is a Thor dealer for Service, but not sales. He knows I am looking to buy and have tried to get me to buy some of his used RVs. I kind of like and want to do some repairs; that is why I wish to keep my RV at my house. But no matter how much money I may have, I don't like having to throw money at a problem that should not exist.

But I agree " things are not always as bad as some people would have you think" If I didn't believe that, I have run as fast as I could & not be on this forum interested to buy and RV.

About 10 years ago I researched and researched pressure washers for a boat. I decided on a Husky from Home Depot, started reading the reviews on Home Depot's site and 80% of customers trashed the product, it had a very low rating some claiming it didn't work out the box, leaking after 1st use, or simply no pressure at all etc. But because the price was so good, I called Home Depot Customer Service to find out how, why they could be selling a product that was rated so bad? They said the stood behind their product and reminded me it had 2 year warranty for free replacement no questions asked. I bought it and 10 years later I still have that pressure washer. I did buy a new one, but only because I wanted the new colored nozzle system to change the angles on the fly. I use the Husky for heavy duty work.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum