Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Awning & Wind
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 12:50 AM   #3
RichRob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Rhode Island
THOR #11834
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Good question Bob. I always took mine in or didn't even think about putting it out if there were ANY gusts, no matter how light. A light breeze is fine but anything like a gust, I didn't risk it. I doubt there is one engineer at Thor or any current/past owners that have taken out their wind speed gauge and tested at which speed it starts to collapse. Light rain was okay to me as long as the awning was adjusted in a slant so that the rain rolled right off rather than pooling which will also cause a collapse.

Thanks for the reply. I have no idea how to adjust awning in a slant. The Thor video that demonstrates ow to make the adjustment has different arms (according type) than the one that came with my Vegas. I don’t think mine can be adjusted. You need a ladder to get to the arms.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum