Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #10
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
A couple of things:
The 2020 has flat cabinets meaning the 2018 and 2019 are the only ones with curved cabinet faces(?) .
They've added a battery cutout switch that my 2018 does not have.
The vent on the 2019 2020 generator door is reminiscent of some home made 1963 Conestoga truck cap. Man that s ugly.

I swiveled my seats around last night. I hadn't done it except on the walk through. I have little footstool so my feet didn't dangle. The drivers side wants to fight the steering wheel for my preferred tv position, but only about 10° off makes it work.
I also had my first encounter with the 100 amp breaker in the battery box. The yellow lever is some communist trick, the blue button is pure horsecrap. It's getting changed to something with less parts and moved to the south wall of the step well.

I'll have to say anyone who can't figure that out the maneuvers needed to swivel that drivers seat...

And I'm glad someone is finally acknowledging them as the entry level units they are. I'm sorry a huge percentage of someone's income went toward one when they maybe should not be rv'ing at $100,000+ if budget is an issue...I'm sorrier for their attitude about fit and finish....

(I had often wondered why the 25's, were less than the 24. I didn't know 25's were missing items and luxuries. We looked for only a second at the other axis models and either that wonky folding bed or the dinette clinched the 24 being better for us. I'd hate to rely on a slide for the bed. Malfunction and you're sleeping on the floor. Cold weather must have great affect on a bed hanging out.)

When it's just the two of us the slide is never used. Someone here on the forum prayed for one without a slide and could not understand the concept of 'just ignore that button on the wall'.)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum